Voice And Throat (Laryngology) Surgery In Delhi
Video laryngoscopy is a type of laryngoscopy in which a tiny video camera attached to a laryngoscope is used to visualize the larynx and the surrounding area (throat). It provides a clear, magnified view of the larynx, making it easier for the doctor to evaluate and diagnose any issues. Its an important tool helping in suspected cancer cases.
Who should undergo Video laryngoscopy?
Video Laryngoscopy is indicated in variety of medical conditions, some of the indications include:
1. Assessment for hoarseness or voice changes like cancer, tumors, vocal cord polyp, vocal cyst or nodules.
2. Diagnosis of swallowing disorders.
3. Diagnosing the movements of the vocal cords such as in cases of vocal cord paralysis or before the thyroid surgery.
4. Assessment of airway obstruction such as laryngeal stenosis, laryngeal web or tumors.
5. Evaluation of laryngeal trauma.
6. Monitoring of laryngeal cancer treatment.
Micro laryngeal surgery
Microlaryngeal surgery is a precise surgical procedure of the larynx which is performed with specialised instruments and technique. This involves inserting the instruments right through the mouth and thus the no external scar is present. This surgery is performed under general anaesthesia. and patients return to home after surgery early. The indications of MLS include
1. Laryngeal cancer
2. Vocal cord Polyp
3. Vocal cord Cyst
4. Vocal nodules
6. Reinke’s Edema
6. Laryngeal trauma, beside others.
The benefits of this technique include reduced pain, less hospital stay, quicker recovery time and minimal scarring as compared to traditional open surgery.
Tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure in which tonsils located in the back of mouth are removed. This helps in the patients suffering from chronic tonsillitis, obstructive sleep apnea, recurrent acute tonsillitis, breathing or swallowing issues, suspected cancer, unilateral tonsillar hypertrophy, tonsilloliths beside others. This is usually performed under general anaesthesia and can be done with various techniques. The newer advances include surgery with coblator, diatheramy and Laser. Recovery usually takes few days during which mild throat pain or discomfort is expected.